Friday 6 August 2010

Summer Camp

Summer arts day camp at the North Peace Cultural Centre.
The camp goes from 9:00am - 5:00pm! long day

This is Chaplin's first full day in a school like setting, and I asked him if he was ready to go this morning. His reply was very positive!
"I'm very excited. YES"

When I dropped him off I went outside the class room and watched him through a glass window. He went over to a corner with toys, but he was unsure of himself so he just stood looking at them. The art leader noticed and brought two younger girls over to meet him.The one girl has been to this camp a few times and she took Chaplin by the hand and welcomed him into the class! He seemed to relax some, and when I popped my head in to say my final good bye to him, he was beaming (and still holding the girls hand). He is by far the youngest in the class.

I'll send an update from Chaplin on how his day went.

UPDATE: He loved it! on our way out he stopped and thanked art leader
"Thank you for looking after me for the day."
Oh and he made a sock puppet and it's name is: MAN DRAGON.

No comments:

Post a Comment