Monday 10 May 2010

Southern California Sun

I've been out of Canada for mother's day twice this year.
Yes it did come twice for me... see blog Mum's the word - twice! !!!!
Adam had a few meetings here in Santa Monica and I got to tag along.

So yesterday I called Chaplin and he said
"Good Morning mommy Happy Mothers Day" in his little chirpy voice and my heart melted.
I tried to keep him on the phone as long as I could, but a four year old with a full day ahead of him had other things on his mind. He is staying at Watham's house, and '"m sure he's being fully entertained by Susanna (she's home from University for the summer), Christie and Robert (I think he was home for the weekend). Adam took me to see IronMan 2 and dinner at Sushi Roku.
Good movie, and best sushi I've ever had. YES better than sushigo!!!!

Oh and we've spotted one celebrity, Natascha McElohne at the farmers market on Main Street. Main Street is like 4th Ave in Kits.


Boardwalk. Just down from our hotel, and on the peir we found Bubba Gumps. It took me a bit to decide what Santa Monica feels like then this morning I decided it is Big City Beach Town (the air smells like Maui from our hotel patio).

Have you ever heard of June Gloom or May Gray from the marine layer? yeah me neither!
Anyways, it has something to do with the sun not really coming out until later in the morning! I don't understand, but anyways the sun did come out at about 10:00 am and it's beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about Santa Monica. Also do you have more pictures of Chaplin after his haircut? You must be back home now so will forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete