Friday 29 January 2010

Dead End

A few blogs or so ago, I said that I didn't care if I ever found the Vauxhall Children's Centre, but my strong words lost their position when Chaplin asked me to find real children to play with. The weather looked really nice from up on the 8th floor so I said yes, but let me have a look at my map first - no more walking in circles for this place!

We set out with the sun in our face that quickly turned to wind and rain in our face. The rain lasted about 30 seconds before it turned into big fat flakes of snow! I did have a fleeting thought of just turning around and heading home, but how could I do that I hadn't made one wrong turn yet. We only needed to find Blenheim Street... turn left here.

turn right on Titchfield Street, stop to play in the park first.

play lasted about 3 mintues... too snowy and wet.
over to Titchfield Street ... but it was a dead end.
I wished I could call up google map and ask them how to get through this dead end, they didn't seem to find it a problem on their route suggestion. I think I was going to cry when a man stopped and asked "you lost dear?" I snapped out of it, and said YES! He gave me clear directions and Chaplin and I said in unison "thank you kind man".

Can you read that sign? Well if not, you can guess what it says.
And notice the sun is back out?

We checked in and were shown to the mommy and child drop in room.
It was okay, but the children were too young for Chap to play with. Most kids his age are in pre-school, not at drop ins. We might go back again, I feel triumphant at finally finding the place.

I took this picture on our way home.
Row of small townhouses, I think the Vauxhall area is poor?
But I've been noticing outside Liverpool One area, there are lots of run down building, even ones that were bombed during the blitz that haven't been restored.


The burnt outer shell of St Luke's Church, located in the city centre, which was destroyed by an incendiary bomb on 5 May, 1941 during the blitz.
We saw this Church, and it is just a shell. It's one thing to see it on my blog, but to stand in the court yard in person is another. I believe Troy has been inside it, and can understand the feeling of sadness at seeing the truth. It's not often we see the truth, it's usually cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment