Monday 8 March 2010

Graffiti me some profit

Friday March 5,
Chaplin and I walked over to the Royal Liver Building and circled around it trying to decide what door was the front entrance. I couldn't find what I thought should be a big welcoming entrance! I stood outside a small revolving door trying to visualize if the stroller could fit, and how fast I would have to push it in? What kind of a predicament would I be in if the stroller was too big, or I pushed it too slow.. .when I security man opened up a regular door and stuck his head out "can I help you?" "oh yes, we were wanting to tour around this lovely building."
ha ha ha... he didn't even let us into the lobby! he came out and kindly explained that this building, though often thought of as a public building is not! I was shocked, how could one of the three graces be private! What kind of a country is this.. oh right it's England, where the swans are owned by the queen!

We then went over to Underwater Street and spent a few hours playing.
I meet a granny from Wales who told me her grandchildren go to an English school and are learning Welsh, as apposed to Welsh school and learn English. I asked why? and was told English is more important than Welsh, but they want the children to learn Welsh when they are young as it's an impossibly hard language as an adult. I nodded my head. And the granny kept talking in English with her Welsh accent (easier to understand than Scouse.) - and the whole time I kept thinking Ohhh right Welsh is a language! Of course... people living in Wales would speak Welsh! Duhh! I how dumb of me to just not put those two together instantly, that when Adam came home that night I told on myself! and he said "yeah Welsh is a hard language to learn, have you seen it written!?"

ENGLISH: Hello, my name is Lori. Today is a beautiful sunny day, don't you think?

WELSH: Helo, fy enw i yw Lori. Mae heddiw yn ddiwrnod heulog hardd, nid ydynt yn eich barn chi?

SUNDAY!!! Adam's off work day!!!!
March 7, 2010

Who's the peacock? Chaplin refused on posing with me.

Can you read their sign? This is a bakery!
Fly In The Loaf...Worm in my Cereal? How memorable is that though!
By the way, we didn't go in.

Past the suitcase display on Hope Street.

Pose for family photo, and just behind Adam's back is the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.
Yes we are on our way to see see the "Out of this World" inter-galactic experience.
(music from science fiction shows!)

Quick hide the Millennium Falcon.
Though on second look, this Boba Fett looks a bit run down!


This photo captured Chaplin's expression when they started to play the Imperial March.

This was a fun, and thrilling experience for us all!


Then we took Adam over to St James Cemetery.


For John Manly : i think the UK Robin looks different from Fort St John Robins?


Another picture for Troy! BAA BAR!!!!!
No minors please. okay, so we left Chaplin outside and had a drink. not really.

This building is sad isn't it? Ready for demolition.
But see that mural of the rat/cat? it was done by the famous Banksy. It was on the market for £495,000, and because of the graffiti people thought the pub could sell for £1m. Whom ever knows where Banksy is, please send him some paint and my address please. (Adam heard it sold for much less than expect.. but what would you expect to pay?)

We had sushi Sunday for lunch, and Fish and Chips for dinner. I ate more than my fill, and Adam said it was okay because once we leave Liverpool I won't be able to find fish & chips with peas and gravy (or curry) like here - ever again. I know Troy has been searching? Have you found any yet that compare?

And this was our Monday March 8th.
Adam went off to work and Chaplin and I off to the Yellow Submarine Play place. We walked along the Mersey River, taking the RiverWalk way. We meet some fishermen who Chaplin asked what they were catching. Cod, and eels. gross. Chaplin thought that Papa Andy could teach him to fish this summer.


Friend named Thomas (or so his shirt says!).

3 comments:

  1. As usual - such a good and interesting blog - am sure that everyone reads it even if they don't comment. Thanks Lori for making us part of your life in Liverpool

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps -we're in Portugal now and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaplin asked me yesterday if we could go with you to Portugal and i told him grandma would have loved that, but then daddy would miss you!

    ReplyDelete