Wednesday 10 February 2010

culture for young and the old!

After 10 trips to the Walker Art Gallery I decided that I would actually do an adult version of the trip and go beyond the children's "Big Art" drop in area and see some of what the gallery had on display. I found the exhibit "The Rise of Women Artists" amazing. Chaplin was with me and he was so well behaved! he would hold my hand and look at a painting and then tell me what he saw. He was very literal, like if there was a red spot on the painting he would say "I see a red spot".
Being able to have a conversation about art with Chaplin while looking at pieces of art by world famous artists made me glad that I didn't drop him off in a preschool. I enjoyed his company as well.
While walking around the gallery, Chaplin would "freeze" himself on yellow markers on the floor. He was a statue and would ask me in a quiet voice "do you want to take this statue home with you mommy." I said yes very time!

Back to a very kid friendly activity
Friends with kids, this is a good one!
(a number of scary parts with shadow men...)

And we are back to doing something I have been waiting to do:
Go inside the Cathedral. We see the Cathedral from our window, but I suppose most of Liverpool sees it, as it is a giant! (largest Cathedral in Britain.)
Once inside the space does not seem smaller, in fact is seems even larger! The big open space with such beautiful details is much too hard to describe, you must all come and see it for yourself.
Chaplin took this photo, and told me it was a gift!
We each light a candle, deposited 1.oo for 15 seconds of prayer. Chaplin said a few very kind words mostly about his daddy. And it was time to leave.


On our way back home we spotted Chef Lambanana.
Can you spot the little chef in this photo?

Two more lambananas. The one Chaplin is standing beside has lambananas painted all over it, like they are breaking out of wooden crates and spilling out into the city - maybe that is what happened. Chaplin gets a giggle out of these thing!

2 comments:

  1. Lori, you are such a good blogger! I don't know why you don't have more comments. The cathedral looks amazing inside and Chaplin is good company because he is so interested in everything around him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll comment! :) Love the statue story. Doesn't get any cuter! I'm going to try that one out on Mark next time we go out. Wonder if he'll take me home??

    ReplyDelete