Saturday 6 February 2010

One goes up, the other goes down

Woke up to a bright sunny day. :-)
I really like the floor to ceiling windows in this condo. Maybe a bit like the big windows in my Vancouver home. Adam was able to spend an hour at home with us, and we even got to use the table for lunch! Chaplin and I have been eating at the coffee table because the dinning table usually has Adam's monitor on it, and it seems too formal to sit at the table when it's just Chap and I!

We walked Adam over to where he gets pick-up by the taxi and said goodbye. Adam headed back to work, and we headed off to Merseyside Maritime Museum to look around and bit more and find the Sea Urchin play area.
Pick up the old style phone and you can hear a recording from a fireman talking about the unsuccessful effort to save SS Malakand during the May Blitz in 1941. - it was an ammunition ship fully loaded with a thousand tons of booms - and when it blew up it was the largest explosion on the Merseyside.

Found the Sea Urchin room. It's a lot smaller than we imagined, and empty of kids.
I felt really bad when Chaplin got on this see-saw and there was no kid for the other side.
He asked me why it wasn't working, and I could not picture myself trying to fit into the tiny spot opposite him to show him that it wasn't broken. But no tears okay, because the moment we have all been waiting for was about to happen.

A few playmates arrived and they really did play with Chaplin.
The girl went right over and got onto the other end of the see-saw, and one would go up and the other would go down, a proper see-saw when used by two people.
The girls name is Honour, but sounds like they are saying "Honey".
and this is Oliver. The children were there with their Grandmother Margaret and mother Cheryl. The kids played well together for about an hour, and I got to sit with the ladies and partake in adult conversation. Cheryl told me about a place that i should go see and explore around, and even gave me her email address if i have any questions. As they were leaving another girl arrived and started to play with Chaplin but as most kids seem to do, she stopped playing with him once he started to talk. I think the kids are unsure of the Canadian accent... however Chaplin hasn't asked me once why people in England sound different than in Vancouver. We didn't stay long as the new playmate was mean (and the dad didn't seem to notice at all, which really bugged me!) Is it fair to say that the nice ladies had favourable kids, and the unattentive father had a disagreeable kid? I decided to leave while we were still happy from meeting the other nice family.


When we left the fog had rolled in, and Chaplin said to me
"mom can you see? Don't worry with my good eye sight I can get us home." Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment