Thursday 4 February 2010

Ye Hole in Ye Wall

I have been the Yellow Submarine, Vauxhall Children's Centre, Walks Art Gallery, Mom & tot drop-in, Central Library, playgrounds, bugs world, museums and various other places all to fullfill my mission to find children for Chaplin to interact with. Today i decided to hit a main vein and go directly to a pre-school to inquire about Chaplin attending for a short period of time.

I found one with good reviews, in the commercial district of down town. Wrote down google map directions and off we went. You know how this is going to end... right? I've talked enough about google map directions right? You think I would learn right?
Turn right @ Tithebarn Street & Right @ Stephen Lane.


Nope this is Leather lane

Nope this is Hackings Hey Lane
10 minutes of going up and down a series of Lanes. And it wasn't a waste of time, because I got to see some neat places like 'Ye Hole in Ye Wall"! And these are true lanes:
a narrow way or passage between hedges, fences, walls, or houses. And again with the help of a kind man that noticed us circling the area, asked if we needed help. He practically took me by the hand and lead me over to the Lane we were searching for. Ye People in Ye Liverpool are very friendly. Side note - the women have trained the men well in this city, I usually get asked once a day (by men) if I need any help getting the stroller up or down stairs (no, i don't accept because Chaplin can get out and walk!)


Stephen Lane - Bizzkids this way!
We got buzzed into the pre-school (Nursery) and were shown around the 4-5 yr. old room, had about 10 kids, two teachers and lots of activities on the go. Chaplin really REALLY wanted me to let him stay and play. Does this sounds like a crowning match to my mission? Yes! But hold on folks I think my mission has changed. It costs
£24.00 (not dollars - but pounds) for a half day. Hmmm seems like the free mom & tot drop-ins are pretty good after all... don't you think?
We took their information package and left to have a better look around the area.



Pig & Whistle bar has taken up shop in a bombed out building.
The top of it had been blasted away and the building to the left was so badly bombed that all that remains is the pillars at the front.





Court yard behind City Hall

INCOMING MESSAGE ALERT :
Papa & Nana Viens: Chaplin would like you to read him a bed time story! Perhaps over ichat or here in Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment